Thursday, March 10, 2011

AC/DC (High Voltage) 1976

AC/DC (High Voltage) 1976 International 

Front Cover

Back Cover

AC/DC (High Voltage) 1975 Australia Cover

AC/DC (T.N.T.) 1975 Australia Cover

High Voltage (1975) and T.N.T. (1975) were the first 2 albums released by AC/DC in Australia. Their 3rd release (1st International) was AC/DC High Voltage (1976), which was nothing more than a compilation of songs from their 2 Australian releases. Angus Young on Lead Guitars, Malcolm Young on Rhythm Guitar, Bon Scott on Lead Vocals, Mark Evans on Bass and Phil Rudd on Drums. Also contributing is Tony Currenti on Drums and George Young on Bass. Yes, he is brother to Angus and Malcolm.

As for High Voltage (1976), I love this one. But I'll be the first to admit that I don't listen to it as much as I use to. But listening to it now, it sounds fantastic and is a great rock record. It's not perfect by any means. But it has some great songs that require multiple spins. What's remarkable about listening to this one now for the first time in a loooooooooong time, is how little the band has change over the years. And I love it for that very reason. I like that they have never tried to "stay with the times" and jump on the latest music flavor of the week to be "relevant" to the masses. So, if you have listened to any newer AC/DC albums, then technically you have heard High Voltage.  Can I Sit Next To You Girl is just about the coolest little boogie song you will ever hear. Why this isn't in Rock Band is shameful.

Fave Songs: It's A Long Way To The Top, Rock N' Roll Singer, Live Wire, T.N.T., Can I Sit Next To You Girl, Little Lover and High Voltage. MVP goes to...Can I Sit Next To You Girl

I've never cared for the International Album cover. It is what it is.

Rating: 4 Stars out of 5

Review by Chiprocks1

No comments:

Post a Comment