Saturday, March 12, 2011

KISS (Double Platinum) 1978

KISS (Double Platinum) 1978

Front Cover

Double Platinum is a double LP Greatest Hits package that took all their hits and then....remixed the shit out of them. By remix I don't mean cleaning them up either. They added beats and all the bells and whistles that personified what "music" was back in the day...i.e....disco.

They even re-recorded Strutter as a disco song and renamed it Strutter '78. Sheesh. Is nothing sacred anymore these days?

Some of the songs were drastically edited for whatever reason. Having said all the negative shit about this collection, it was the album where I heard of Rock And Roll All Nite first. To me I played the hell out of this one, so much so, that when I eventually picked up Dressed To Kill, I didn't like the original version of the song. It was only over time that I grew distatefull of these remixes compared to the original songs.

The interior of the album used the Solo album images all in sliver with an embossed FX, which was cool. As kids, we were led to believe that if you angle the album a certain way, you could actually see what the band members looked like. Man, how many wasted hours did I spend trying to decode their identity? Haha.

Rating: 1  1/2 Stars out of 5

Review by Chiprocks1

No comments:

Post a Comment