Thursday, March 10, 2011

AC/DC (Let There Be Rock) 1977

AC/DC (Let There Be Rock) 1977 - Australian

Front Cover

Back Cover

International Front Cover

International Back Cover

Let There Be Rock to me is where Bon Scott really found himself as a force to be reckoned with as a singer. Sure, many fans will point to Dirty Deeds. But to me I just think that as a whole, this album is much stronger, with tighter songs and singing. As great as Dirty Deeds is, this one gets the edge.

There are so many great tracks here. Go Down is a great way to open the album. Dog Eat Dog and of course the title track Let There Be Rock is about as primal as you can get here. And the outro solo at the end of Let There Be Rock is still the best solo on the album. It's so infectious that it makes me want to take a break right now and pop in Rock Band 2 just so I can play to it. Good stuff. I highly recommend this album to anyone that hasn't already done so.   

The tracklist differs from the Australian version and that of the International version. The Australian album contains Crabsody In Blue, but on the International release, the song was replaced with Problem Child.

Fave Songs: All of 'em. But I gotta go with Overdose and Whole Lotta Rosie as the albums MVP.

I prefer the International album cover which is what I got as a kid and I consider it to be a classic. But the best AC/DC cover is yet to come. :)

Rating: 5 Stars out of 5

Review by Chiprocks1

Let There Be Rock Music Videos

AC/DC - Dog Eat Dog


AC/DC - Let There Be Rock


AC/DC - Whole Lotta Rosie


No comments:

Post a Comment