Sunday, March 13, 2011

Chip's Daily Jukebox Pick #2: Bonham

Bonham (The Disregard of Timekeeping) 1989 

Front Cover

Back Cover

I haven't listened to The Disregard of Timekeeping in years. Sure, every once in awhile, Wait For You would pop into my head and I'd give that song a spin. But as far as the entire album, probably 10 years ago was the last time I did so. 

Man, I had forgotten how good this album truly is. Sure, the biggest knock against The Disregard of Timekeeping is that it's heavy on the Led Zeppelin influence. I've never had a problem with this at all, just because of Jason Bonham's background. There's a lot of LZ influence here, but I think it's done the right way because it also injects that 80's sound with it. There are a ton of bands that are blatant rip offs of LZ that take it too far over the top. I'm sure you can figure out who those bands are. 

As for this album. Love it. Did back then and still do today. The thing I really like about this album now, more so then is that the band didn't bow down to the conventional format of 3 minute songs. So it's cool to get 3 songs that top 7 minutes. That was unheard of back then, and more so now.

More than half the songs on here are easy earworms for me. But the biggest offender would probably be Holding On Forever. And I mean that in a good way. 

By all means, give this one a spin if you've never done so. You wont regret it.


Fave Songs: The Disregard Of Timekeeping / Wait For You, Holding On Forever, Dreams, Just Another Day, and Room For Us All.

Doing research to see where the band members are these days, I learned that the singer, Daniel MacMaster passed away a few years ago. :( He was only 39.  Such a great voice. RIP.


Rating: 5 Stars out of 5

Review by Chiprocks1
The Disregard of Timekeeping

Bonham - Wait For You



No comments:

Post a Comment