Saturday, March 12, 2011

KISS (Killers) 1982

KISS (Killers) 1982

Front Cover

Back Cover

After the disaster that was The Elder, the record company wanted to do damage control and release a greatest hits package. At the request of the suits, they wanted 4 new songs to add to it. I love the 4 that are include: I'm A Legend Tonight, Down On Your Knees, Nowhere To Run, and Partners In Crime.

These songs are the only ones I listen to on this, as the others you can find on any other of their 20 million or so greatest hits packages. My album rating reflects only the new songs and not any of the Greatest hits that come after.

This album was my first Import that I ever bought as a kid. Originally I picked this up along with The Best Of Solo albums, and just like that one, I thought that I had scored a rare misprint cover since the SS were now ZZ. I soon learned that this was only released overseas and not in the states, and for obvious reasons, they change those letters in Germany. Ended up picking up the CD Import a little while back as well. But I prefer the Vinyl version. There is just something extra cool holding the artwork in your hands when it's bigger.

And no, Ace had nothing to do with this record even though he was on the cover. Guitar duties went to Bob Kulick. Remember him? He will play a big role in the future of KISS in shaping the sound of the band. Stay tune.

Rating: 4 1/2 Stars out of 5

Review by Chiprocks1

No comments:

Post a Comment