Saturday, March 12, 2011

KISS (Peter Criss) 1978

KISS (Peter Criss) 1978

Front Cover

Back Cover

Peter Criss Poster Insert

Um.....uh....um.....There's a reason why I haven't listened to this since 1978. I was going to put this one off to listen along with all the KISS Solo albums tomorrow. But I decided to just get this one out of the way so as not to totally ruin tomorrow for me.

I hated this when I picked it up then. Things haven't changed all that much now. Peter Criss' solo effort was the poorest performing of the 4 and rightly so. It's nothing like a KISS record. It's all big band, swing, "easy listening" and some disco-ish elements. Ugh. This album is better than warm milk if your looking to drift off. So sleepy right now.

Fave Songs: Yeah, right. Where? That's The Kind Of Sugar Papa Likes is about as close as that gets here. And that's stretching it a bit here.

Freebie trend continues with a Poster insert that is 1/4th of a larger poster that connects with the other 3 solo album posters ala a jigsaw puzzle.

This gets at least a 1 star rating for the cover though, which has become iconic along with the other 3 solo covers. 

Peter, I luv ya man, but just not this album. Sorry dude. 

Rating: 2 Stars out of 5

Review by Chiprocks1

No comments:

Post a Comment