Thursday, March 10, 2011

AC/DC (Who Made Who) 1986

AC/DC (Who Made Who) 1986

Front Cover

Back Cover

Who Made Who is NOT a Greatest Hits set. It's the soundtrack to Stephen King's Maximum Overdrive. It's more of a compilation by Mr. King, a known AC/DC fan. who chose the songs that he felt suited the scenes best. Since it's not a GH set, I can't even go down the road of slamming it due to omissions of certain songs. And since I love every song that's on it, it gets the rating it does.

The biggest draw for me picking this up were the 3 new songs made specifically for this album. Those songs being the title track Who Made Who and the 2 instrumentals D.T. and Chase The Ace. The title track to me is the most "pop-centric" song that AC/DC has ever done and I am not ashamed to admit that I love it. D.T. and Chase The Ace are really cool songs. I never would have expected the band to do full on instrumentals and the end results don't suck either.

The rest of the album is comprised of one Bon Scott era song: Ride On. The remaining songs are from the Brian Johnson era. Mr. King was smart enough to include You Shook Me All Night Long. If he doesn't add that song, we never would have gotten the new video to go along with it. 

Corinne Russell.  Oh how I loved this chick when the video first came out. Um, me love her long time.  

Fave Songs (of the 3 new ones): Who Made Who, D.T. and Chase The Ace

Album cover is cool. But I gotta point out that Cliff Williams, the never-heard, never-seen band member of AC/DC is not doing himself any favors by covering up his face on the back cover with a face full of hair. Hahaha.

Rating: 5 Stars out of 5

Review by Chiprocks1

Who Made Who Music Videos

AC/DC - Who Made Who


AC/DC - You Shook Me All Night Long



No comments:

Post a Comment